Rapid Application Development & Positive Impact on Time to Market
Low-code development refers to a software development approach that enables an organization to deliver faster and minimal hand-coding applications. Low-code development platforms reduce the amount of traditional hand-coding, enabling accelerated delivery of business applications. The benefit is that a wider range of people can contribute to the application’s development and not only those with formal programming skills using the drag and drop interface. In the digital economy, to compete and win means connecting data, people, and processes at a digital speed which helps organizations boost their business multiple times. Application development platforms that enable rapid higher application delivery with minimal hand-coding, and quick setup and deployment.
Low code development also provides the ability to rapidly adapt and change applications and to develop them from a business process perspective allowing both rapid iteration as well as the ability to interact with non-technical users for direction and guidance. They can be game-changers in terms of smooth functioning for accessing data, collaboration tools and the same shall work well on cross platforms be it mobile apps or desktop apps. Therefore, digital transformation is a critical success factor for modern business as it helps IT and business to work faster at digital speed.
FEATURES & BOON FOR LCD (LOW-CODE DEVELOPMENT)
A low-code development environment dramatically reduces the amount of time required to build, deploy, and change cutting-edge, powerful enterprise apps. The best low-code development platforms include technology to accelerate your path to success-
- Visual Modelling helps to understand and create graphic designs easily than traditional displays.
- Drag-and-drop interfaces allow simple drag-and-drop so that not just developers but anyone can create applications that are visually appealing and much faster to launch.
- Instant Mobility also helps cross-platform functionality.
- Declarative Tools are implemented through things like visual models and business rules and remove the need to write custom-coding for these mitigates the difficulty of future changes or additions and speeds development times.
- High Security and large scalability allow users to create enterprise-level apps with ease.
Additionally, low code development helps to create flexible apps to get specific tasks done by automating manual processes. Many benefits of low code development help organizations to improve their businesses.
- Improved Agility — Apps built using low-code platforms help organizations become more agile. They allow developers and engineers to work more efficiently and free up time for other projects.
- Higher productivity — Time is no longer a barrier to real innovation with Low code development. The development of apps that used to take months is now reduced to days and even minutes.
- Decreased costs — With the ability to build more apps in less time, the requirement to hire additional developers and support staff also gets reduced. And LCD Platform can make everyone in the organization — not just IT — more productive. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, the average salary of a software developer was over USD 1,05,000 in 2018 plus additional expenses. For smaller organizations, this cost is too much so low code development platforms solve this problem by reducing the demand on your internal IT department, giving non-technical users the power to automate much of the development process.
- Faster Transformation — Complexity is removed from building greater, modern business apps. According to a 2017 study by the Project Management Institute, nearly half of the IT projects are late. The reason is that the list of project requirements grows longer and longer as the project continues. In such cases, low-code development platforms can dramatically speed up the software development process by the use of boilerplate code, pre-built templates, and other building blocks that shorten the development process itself.
- Better Customer experience –The increased speed with the help of LCD helps better customer experience and customer satisfaction. According to research, 44 percent of companies believe that the user experience of enterprise software is “somewhat or significantly worse” than consumer software. A poor user experience can harm your employees’ productivity, efficiency, and motivation which indeed hurts the business in a big way as it ultimately affects the customer experience.
- Effective Risk Management and Governance — LCD Platform also helps to meet the requirements on time and stay ahead of deadlines. It eliminates the requirement of a shadow resource. Further, instead of being dependent on third-party tools, employees can build the apps they require internally with a low-code development platform thus enabling IT visibility.
From lower IT costs to a more agile business posture, the benefits of low-code development platforms from a business point of view are as stated above.
According to estimates by Forrester, the low-code tool market will reach USD 21 billion by 2022, with a blistering annual growth rate of 40 percent which will help the organization boost its business multiple times. Low-code development is an exciting option for both programmers and non-programmers to design and build all kinds of software ranging from simple handy utility apps to full-blown enterprise resource management systems and everything in between. When building low-code apps, special care should be taken to ensure that the design meets the requirements, as there is no team behind the curtain to silently catch and remedy common mistakes that are often made within software design in general. That being said, when used properly, low-code is an excellent choice for anyone who requires custom software but lacks the skill (or budget) to build a traditional application.